:: Services ::
:: About CAM ::
Who We Sponsor
:: Customer Cars ::
High Horsepower Club
:: Contact CAM ::
113 S. Elizabeth St.
Durham, NC 27701
:: Directions to CAM ::
Map & Directions
:: Return Home ::
As featured on the hit TV show PINKS!!
North Carolina's Premire GM Performance Facility
Carolina Auto Masters
113 S. Elizabeth St.
Durham, NC 27701
CAM is now a dealer for Pedder's Suspension, a household name in Australia now taking the US by storm. The world famous Pete Basica will be at CAM March 1-3 for Pedder's Suspension training for CAM staff, as well as some installs. Get on the list by calling or emailing CAM today! Come by Saturday for an Open House and Cookout.
We are the proud title sponsor of the 2007 Carolina Auto Masters National Corvette Challenge, to be held February, 24th 2007 at Richmond Dragway. If you have a Corvette, please register for the Challenge.
There will also be a Benefit Car Show held at the Challenge, to benefit Sonny Parks.
CAM played host to the North Carolina Chapter of the Diesel Truck Resource for a Dyno Day on February 17th. There were many impressive trucks there, but John Porterfield's 96 Dodge Ram 2500 was the clear star of the day. He laid down 809 rwhp and 1414 rwtq making him the #3 on the CAM High Horsepower club. Check out the video here.
Of all the really crazy and fun projects we've been involved in, Dug Strickler's "Volvette" (Twin turbo LS1 in a Volvo wagon, yes, wagon) is truly memorable. Check the insane videos here.
Scott Hudson's Z06 made 498 rwhp 459 rwtq with just Kooks Z06 Long tube headers and a tune, and other really nice stuff from Zip Corvettes. Scott also ran 11.36@125 before the dyno tune! Better times and more mods are on the way! See his graph here.
Jeff Gilbert's Carolina Auto Masters sponsored Trans Am was featured in an episode of the hit Speed Channel show PINKS, which originally aired on March 15, 2006. The "TA versus Honda" episode was voted one of the most popular of the series. You can enjoy shots of the TA and both Jeffs negotiating hard in several commercials as well as print ads in most car mags. We're also featured in the PINKS game on the Speed Channel website.
What CAM Does For You:
Carolina Auto Masters specializes in building and tuning computer controlled General Motors cars and trucks. LT1, LS1, Corvette, Camaro, Firebird, GTO, Impala SS, and trucks too, 4.3, 4.8, 5.3, 5.7 and 6.0. From bolt-on installations to full motor builds, blowers, turbos, alcohol injection, heads, cam, nitrous. Give us a call or stop by our 10,000 square foot facility!
CAM can also help out race cars and other vehicles with aftermarket fuel injection controllers (such as FAST, DFI, Megasquirt, Big Stuff3, etc) tune for maximum performance.
CAM Customers recent wins, trips and acolades
- CAM's own Dave Matyjasik is featured again in the March 2007 edition of Hot Rod Magazine in the article on Wind Tunnel Testing. We continue to focus on using aerodynamics as another way to make your cars (and ours) faster.
- Congrats to longtime customer and friend "Chief" Dave Luplow and his 2001 Z06, featured in the February 2007 issue of Vette magazine. Nothing like a stock cube, all motor Corvette pulling the front tires and doing 1.4x 60' launches! Keep it up!
- Well, it's not exactly international, but Jeff took a tuning trip to Puerto Rico in November 2006. A car crazy island, with lots of racing, rum, good folks and good time.
- Congrats to Jody Austin, he took 2nd place at NASA Nationals at Mid-Ohio in the TTA Class. Way to go Jody!
- Congrats to Jack Moody, his beautiful 1961 Buick LeSaber "Stiletto" was featured in the December 2006 edition of Custom Rodder Magazine. This is just a stunning car.
- Congrats to Wayne Edelin whose CAM Tuned Vortech Blown 2003 Z06 was featured in the December issue of Vette Magazine. He's getting ready to really turn up the volume on that car, stay tuned!
- Congrats to our own Dave Matyjasik whose 1971 Camaro holds the Land Speed record in the B/FALT class, took second place in the 2006 Hot Rod Magazine Top Speed Challenge in the Real Street Class, and the Carolina Auto Masters/Diversified Performance Team placed 7th in 2006 season points for the ECTA. He was even featured in Hot Rod Magazine, September 2006 issue.
- Congrats to Steve Over, his "Iron Man" 1997 Corvette was featured in the July 2006 issue of "Fastest Street Car" Magazine. Some cow spots might make that car faster Steve!
- Congrats to John Svobda, who's 1998 Corvette was featured in the May 2006 issue of Vette Magazine. John's new motor and blower upgrades will make 2007 go by pretty fast!
- Congrats to Chris Rose, who's CAM tuned 95 Z28 went to the SemiFinals of the Super Chevy Event held at MIR April 28-30, 2006. In 21 passes all weekend, his ET never varied by more than .05.
- Congrats to Doug Strickler, who's LS1 powered, twin turbo Volvo was featured in the Volvo publication "Rolling" in April, 2006. What a crazy cool ride!
- Congrats to Mike Lewis and Richard Creasey who took "Celebrity Choice" awards at the 2005 C5 Bash, and Mike Lewis won a "Top 10" award at the 2006 C5 Bash at the National Corvette Mueseum. Those cars are both show and GO!
- Congrats to Chris and Shanna Daniels LT1 based RX7 cover feature in the January 2006 edition of Octane Magazine.
- Congrats to Walter Houston and Chris Lanier for their First/Second place finish in THSCC's Solo 2 Street Mod class for the 2005 season!
- Congrats to Jeff Gilbert, winner of the EFI Nationals (10.50 index class) at MIR 9/17/05. His CAM built/sponsored ride was featured in a season 2 episode of PINKS! on the Speed Channel. He also recently took his 3900# car on a pair of 9.54@146mph passes!
- Congrats to JP Morgan, winner of the US LEC Stock Car Road Race Champsionship races at Barber 4/3/05, at VIR 9/4/05, at Daytona 11/13/05, and Road Atlanta 3/18/06 before retiring from that series to concentrate on Hooter's Pro Cup. We'll be reporting wins for J.P. in Hooter's Pro Cup in 2007!
- Congrats to Tom Demann, whose stock bottom end 2002 Z06 made 465 rwhp all motor! That's a heads/cam package! Of course, that wasn't enough for Tom, so he went 402 ci and made 534 rwhp, again all motor.
- CAM hosted ls2gto.com members for a dyno day 12/3/05, 24 Goats from NC/SC/Va were in attendance!
- CAM hosted Corvetteforum.com members on 1/14/06, over 30 pretty Corvettes braved the cold for a great day!
- CAM sponsors the Drag Race event at the National F-body Motorsports Event in Memphis, May 2005, as well as the May 2006 event in Indy, check www.fbody-event.org for details on the May 2007 event in Indy.
- CAM August Autofest Southern California August 19-21, 2005. Eighteen cars, three days, 105 degree heat, and plenty of HP. This follows similar trips in October 2004 and March 2005.
Where do we find all this stuff? We get it from you, so please, if you have news, a new personal best, anything, drop us a line, always great to hear from old friends.
©2003-2007 Carolina Auto Masters